[Lazarus] How to hide pop-up menu before taking a screen snapshot?

Denis Kozlov dezlov at gmail.com
Sun Feb 7 15:01:46 CET 2021

Hi,

I had a similar experience with taking a screenshot programmatically.
Simply waiting or processing application messages after hiding the form
often doesn't help, and results in a form being a part of the screenshot
anyway.

I managed to work around it by forcing Windows to repaint everything on
the desktop by broadcasting WM_PAINT message, like so:

SendMessageTimeout(HWND_BROADCAST, WM_PAINT, 0, 0, SMTO_ABORTIFHUNG,
1000, MsgResult);

You might also need to disable transition effects (fade-in and fade-out)
by setting the DWMWA_TRANSITIONS_FORCEDISABLED flag on the form before
hiding it, and then unsetting it when showing the form again.

DwmSetWindowAttribute(AForm.Handle, DWMWA_TRANSITIONS_FORCEDISABLED,
@dwAttribute, SizeOf(dwAttribute));

Good luck,
Denis