[Lazarus] I say a little prayer (for the Lazarus editor)

Juha Manninen juha.manninen62 at gmail.com
Sun Feb 21 16:53:42 CET 2021

On Sun, Feb 21, 2021 at 1:30 PM Martin Frb via lazarus <
lazarus at lists.lazarus-ide.org> wrote:

> And one more thing, if you plan to submit a patch, please add an option
> to SynEdit.Options2
> Many people are used to the current behaviour, I do not plan to upset them.

This particular feature should not have an option IMO.
Now it can be considered a missing feature or even a bug.
When a user presses Alt-key when selecting, he clearly wants something
special to happen with Ctrl-C.
Now nothing special happens which is a semi-bug.
I am sure everybody will be happy when this feature gets implemented. I can
remember many situations where it would have been useful.

IMO there are too many options already.
If I accidentally change something during my tests, it takes a long time to
figure out what changed and how to revert it.
Please add more options only when really needed.

Juha