[Lazarus] TStaticText loses content at irregular intervals (Win 10)

Bo Berglund bo.berglund at gmail.com
Sun Jan 17 18:18:57 CET 2021

On Sun, 17 Jan 2021 15:45:35 +0100, Bart via lazarus

>On Sun, Jan 17, 2021 at 8:46 AM Bo Berglund via lazarus
><lazarus at lists.lazarus-ide.org> wrote:
>
>> is there anything I can do to stop it from
>> happening?
>
>The "stupid"way is to try and call Apllication.PrecessMessages after
>you update the text of that control.

Well, this does not happen as a response to my program actions...

It is like this:
I have clicked the buttons a number of times to define the clips.
Every time the number appears as expected.

Now I leave the application with the last clip defined in these controls to do
something else outside the application.

Then when I return to the application the TStaticText containers are visibly
empty!
This is never done in the program itself, it always updates the controls with a
text representation of a number...

But when the form is in this state not showing what is inside the controls I can
just drag the form such that the part holding the controls is hidden outside of
the screen and then pull it up again and voila! The text is again shown!

It seems like the *visual representation* of the TStaticText containers is not
persistent in all cases.

--
Bo Berglund
Developer in Sweden