[Lazarus] How to find out which version of Lazarus was used to build last?

Luca Olivetti luca at wetron.es
Sat Jan 23 16:40:21 CET 2021

El 23/1/21 a les 14:28, Juha Manninen via lazarus ha escrit:
> On Sat, Jan 23, 2021 at 1:18 AM Bo Berglund via lazarus
> <lazarus at lists.lazarus-ide.org <mailto:lazarus at lists.lazarus-ide.org>>
> wrote:
>
>     I don't want to modify too much so I would like to use the same
>     version now...
>

> How many and what kind of modifications are needed?

I know because I had to do it recently and the answer is: a lot.
And I wasn't even using a really old version (I last modified the
program 3 years ago).
I another case, with an older program (last touched in November 2015)
where I just needed to change one line, the diff is around 11000 lines
(though many of those are just useless changes in the lfm files).

> All libraries try to stay backwards compatible. As a general rule new
> versions are better than oldĀ versions.

And introduce new bugs, change the defaults so your program no longer
works as it should, etc.
I've seen it all.

> I recommend you jump to the latest versions of FPC and Lazarus.

I try to do that, but trust me, it isn't easy.
It's not the first time I had to go back to a previous version due to
bugs (or simply different behavior) in the compiler, lcl, other
libraries, etc.

Bye
--
Luca Olivetti
Tel. +34 93 5883004 (Ext.3010)  Fax +34 93 5883007