[Lazarus] Change of lfm files

Ondrej Pokorny lazarus at kluug.net
Tue Jan 26 10:02:51 CET 2021

On 26.01.2021 09:31, Andrey Sobol via lazarus wrote:
> Hello,
> Let us suppose, I have changed a form inside tool/debugserver
> I see what inside .lfm file a version of LCL changed  from 1.3 to 2.10
> for example.
>
> What is policy about LCL compatibility for patches?
> Where can I read about this?

We somehow internally agreed on forwards compatibility for 1 legacy version.

That means that LFM created in the latest stable Lazarus version should
open in the stable version prior to it.

For development it means that 2.0.10 should be able to open LFMs from trunk.

Backwards compatibility is obvious.

Ondrej