[Lazarus] MSSQL howto catch a TMSSQLConnection Error without Messagebox?

Andreas Frieß friess at gmx.at
Wed Jan 27 07:41:38 CET 2021

On my Raspi/Debian i got on a TMSSQLConnection a messagebox if the
server is not reachable. The connection is not my problem, but i am not
able to cach this exeption silent without poping up this messagebox.

The problem is, the messagebox pops up and want an OK or ABORT.
In my code i catch the exception, set a flag and reraise

try
       if IsOk then AConnection.Connected := true;
  except
       on E : Exception do begin
         IsOk:=false;
         raise;
       end;
  end;

The calling function does this
   Result := false;
   try
     xxxxxxxx(IsOk);
     Result := true;
   except
     on E : Exception do begin

     end;
   end;

So the exception should silent catched and i can handle if a connection
is ok or not.

How can i avoid the unwanted box ?

regards

Andreas