[Lazarus] .mo files not working in multi language

Dietmar Braun dietmar.4711 at web.de
Tue Jul 20 23:03:01 CEST 2021

Hi!

sorry if I'm wrong here, but I posed my question in the Lazarus forum
and was redirected here, so I am asking here again...

After some years of pausing Lazarus development, I just started again
with a small project and the problems I had years ago with MultiLanguage
- these days, I managed to create a working multilanguage application,
but when I try to distribute it, I run into problems.

My directory structure looks like this:
project (main folder): project1.exe
!--languages (sub folder): project1.de.mo, project1.en.mo

With this setting, switching from the default (German) to English (en)
does not work. It seems the .mo files are just being ignored. When I add
the .PO files to the subfolder, it works.

Can you advise? I just don't want to have to distribute the plain text
.po files...

Thx!
Dietmar