[Lazarus] Lazarus Release 2.0.12

Luca Olivetti luca at wetron.es
Tue Mar 2 13:13:49 CET 2021

El 2/3/21 a les 12:13, Luca Olivetti via lazarus ha escrit:
> El 2/3/21 a les 11:27, Luca Olivetti via lazarus ha escrit:
>
>> and the fact that TMemInifile doesn't have a create method that allows
>> to specify the encoding). >
> This is worse than I initially thought:
>
> the only way to specify an encoding is to use a stream and a TIniFile
> (with a TMemIniFile is impossible). The problem is, the TIniFile doesn't
> free the stream when it is destroyed.
> I couldn't find a way to specify an encoding after the fact (there's a
> protected method SetEncoding but at that point it's too late since the
> values have already been loaded in memory).
> The best I could come up to, to emulate a TMemInifile and specify the
> encoding, is to subclass TiniFile

BTW, by looking at

https://wiki.freepascal.org/Unicode_Support_in_Lazarus#RTL_with_default_codepage_UTF-8

none of this should be necessary, yet it is. A bug somewhere or the wiki
page is not correct?

Bye
--
Luca Olivetti
Tel. +34 93 5883004 (Ext.3010)  Fax +34 93 5883007