[Lazarus] LCL and Lazarus Accessibility - restarting the discussion

Marco Zehe marco at marcozehe.de
Fri Mar 5 17:44:38 CET 2021

Hi David!

Wow, that sounds exciting! Look forward to your patch.

I did some digging, and found that on Windows, TTreeView does not create any handles at all yet. It would require at least some basics there, or even accessibility properties, but I am still hoping we can avoid what I had to do for TVirtualStringTree in 2007, implementing literally two IAccessible interfaces, one for tree, one for the focused tree item. That all was managed by a singleton class instance, and juggled quite a bit. Pretty unreliable, so I hope we can make it better in TTreeView for the LCL.

Right now, however, I don’t even know where to start yet to implement this. There is a unit in the Win32 folder, but nothing in there besides the comments. And from what it sounds like, it makes sense to wait for your patch so I, or we, can then build on that and make the Windows implementations better.

Marco