[Lazarus] Lazarus loses environment, why does this happen?

Bo Berglund bo.berglund at gmail.com
Fri Mar 12 15:25:42 CET 2021

Lazarus 2.0.8 on Raspberry Pi 4 with FPC 3.0.4

I have discussed this topic here before but I would like to know what is causing
the problem...
It happened again today; when I started Lazarus I just got the main bar plus the
code editor, all other windows were not there.

Since I have been hit by this before I keep a backup of the pcp dir files in a
tar archive so I could extract the environmentoptions.xml file from 2020-12-23
(with Lazarus closed of course) and replace the now bogus environmentoptions.xml
in the pcp dir and all was OK again.

Last time it happened I checked the environmentoptions.xml before fixing it and
it was all blank, just a series of #0 chars.

So what I am wondering now is what would cause Lazarus to write such a file
anytime?
It seems like normally Lazarus should just read the file unless a change is done
in some options and then the write would be done at that specific time.

But it seems like this file is not handled this way at all...

Any ideas?

--
Bo Berglund
Developer in Sweden