[Lazarus] Is there a global timezone-independent time available?

Michael Van Canneyt michael at freepascal.org
Mon May 3 20:28:43 CEST 2021

On Mon, 3 May 2021, Denis Kozlov via lazarus wrote:

> You can use LazSysUtils.NowUTC, and then there is also PascalTZ package
> if you want to convert between timezones.
>
> There is a ticket with a patch for adding a similar function to FPC, but
> it needs some attention:
> https://bugs.freepascal.org/view.php?id=30394
> <https://bugs.freepascal.org/view.php?id=30394>

I'm terribly sorry, I totally forgot about this bugreport :/

But Ondrej Pokorny has meanwhile implemented NowUTC and other related functions that
allow more flexibility regarding the timezone.

So, Mr. Berglund, with FPC trunk, your problem will be solved.
I'm not sure it will be in 3.2.2, because it is rather sensitive.

Michael.