[Lazarus] Drag/drop project and package filenames on the IDE

Juha Manninen juha.manninen62 at gmail.com
Sat Nov 13 23:02:50 CET 2021

On Sat, Nov 13, 2021 at 11:46 PM Bart via lazarus <
lazarus at lists.lazarus-ide.org> wrote:

> Isn't the policy to not merge new features, but only bugfixes?

Yes but this one is clearly a bugfix.
A project and a file name passed as cmd line parameters behaved differently
depending on Lazarus being already running or not.
When it was not running, all worked as expected.
When a running Lazarus instance got those parameters, unexpected things
happened.
It turned out the same faulty code was used for drag'n'drop. It also
behaved in an unexpected way.
I am quite happy with the result. My only worry is that the change could
cause regressions. Thus I ask people to test it.
Fortunately most changes were refactoring. The moved code already worked
elsewhere for the same purpose.
No problems have come up in my tests. I will mark it for merging in a few
days.

Regards,
Juha