[Lazarus] New install on Ubuntu 20.04.3 Cinnamon - Errors when recompiling IDE

Bo Berglund bo.berglund at gmail.com
Tue Nov 23 11:12:42 CET 2021

I have installed Lazarus 2.0.12 and FPC 3.2.2 from sources retrieved from GitLab
on a new Linux Ubuntu 20.04.3 LTS with the Cinnamon desktop environment.

After starting Lazarus I have used OLPM to add a number of packages I always use
in my Lazarus setups.
But when doing the install and ending with the Lazarus rebuild it exits with the
following error messages:

lazarus.pp(162,3) Note: Call to subroutine "function GetDebugger:TLazLogger;"
marked inline is not inlined
lazarus.pp(166,1) Error: resource compiler "fpres" not found, switching to
external mode

Same thing now happens if I exit Lazarus and start it again and then go to
Tools/Build_Lazarus_with_Profile:_Normal_IDE

The lazarus.pp file is opened at this point, a file I have never touched.

First time I started Lazarus I only went to OnLinePackageManager in order to
install my customary extra packages...

What can cause this and how do I solve it?

--
Bo Berglund
Developer in Sweden