[Lazarus] Masks: ConstructLegacy

Bart bartjunk64 at gmail.com
Wed Oct 27 21:02:54 CEST 2021

On Wed, Oct 27, 2021 at 8:46 PM Juha Manninen via lazarus

> There would be a constructor named CreateExtended or CreateAdvanced or similar, allowing the new nice syntax.

You totally lost me here.
IMHO there is no need for CreateExtende or similar new constructor.

THis is what we currently have.

TMask:
constructor Create(const aMask: String; aCaseSensitive: Boolean;
aOpcodesAllowed: TMaskOpCodes); virtual; overload;

TMaskWindows:
constructor Create(const aMask: String; aCaseSensitive: Boolean;
aOpcodesAllowed: TMaskOpCodes; aWindowsQuirksAllowed: TWindowsQuirks);

TMaskList:
constructor Create(const aValue: String; aSeparator: Char=';';
CaseSensitive: Boolean=False;
      aOpcodesAllowed: TMaskOpCodes=MaskOpCodesDefaultAllowed);

TMaskListWindows:
constructor Create(const aValue: String; aSeparator: Char=';';
CaseSensitive: Boolean=False;
      aOpcodesAllowed: TMaskOpCodes=MaskOpCodesDefaultAllowed;
      aWindowsQuirksAllowed:
TWindowsQuirks=WindowsQuirksDefaultAllowed); reintroduce;

These __are__ the extended constructors for aal the fancy new/extended stuff.
They are called by all the other constructors that only have the old
parameters.

So we have backwardscompatibility and extended capability just with
all constructors named simply Create.

--
Bart