[Lazarus] FCL-Web updates/extensions

Luca Olivetti luca at wetron.es
Wed Sep 1 18:47:55 CEST 2021

El 1/9/21 a les 17:14, Michael Van Canneyt via lazarus ha escrit:

>> 2) specifically the hack for server-sent events I mentioned here
>> https://lists.lazarus-ide.org/pipermail/lazarus/2020-June/238089.html
>> will still work?
>
> The pastebin link is down ?

it's still there but it requires a login, anyway, I copied it here

https://pastebin.com/gyqS83Nt

>> 1) I suppose is a given ;-), 2) I ask because you only mentioned
>> websockets and not server-sent events.
>
> Server events are normally done using HTTP/2, and this is planned.

well, I'm successfully using it over http 1.1 (I suppose that's the only
protocol currently supported by fpWeb)

> I can't promise your code will still run, but since the server was
> modified to keep connections alive indefinitely, I suppose that you
> should now be able to handle server events even easier with the upgrade
> mechanism;

It'd be enough for it to continue working as it is....

> It's just a matter of deciding to 'upgrade' depending on the URL & headers
> in the initial request. In case you try to take a shot at it and you
> need help implementing it, let me know...

...when I have to modify the project using the above hack, though this
could happen next month, next year or never. In that case I could try to
adapt the code to the new paradigm but, as I said, I'd prefer it to
continue working as it is ;-)
(most probably because the http server part won't be the part I'll need
to modify).

Bye

--
Luca Olivetti
Tel. +34 93 5883004 (Ext.3010)  Fax +34 93 5883007