[Lazarus] GTK3 Status?

Anthony Walter sysrpl at gmail.com
Sat Sep 11 07:17:27 CEST 2021

After more research, here is a small bit of anecdotal information from my
tests.

Using the most recent git version LCL GTK3 seems to run somewhat but has
errors and operates incorrectly in some situations. There seems to be
rendering problems when I tested a TTIPropertyGrid. Colors and line
styles were wrong, controls were sized improperly, and scroll bars appeared
and disappeared strangely with content offset incorrectly. Basic
controls like menus, buttons, paintbox, and trackbars seemed to work fine.
The string grid control seems to have issues similar to the property grid
control.

Please keep in mind, I was using a GTK2 version of Lazarus and the LCL GTK3
only using a small sampling of programs I'd just written today. Based on
the information above it seems to me that building and using an LCL GTK3
version of Lazarus is not currently possible. There are likely other
problems, but we'd need some test suite to find them, and am unsure if one
for the LCL has been written.