[Lazarus] e: Lazarus - Cant compile ZeosDBO

Terry A. Haimann terry at haimann.us
Wed Sep 22 00:02:05 CEST 2021

I went back and fired up Lazarus as my regular user and I got several
popups complaining about the installation.  So this may be the problem
even though I don't see the actual problem.  As I said before, this is
an Intel i5 (112th Gen) and the OS is currently Ubuntu 21.02.  I
installed this from the current Debian Packages I found on your web
site.

Popup 1:

The current FPC has no config file. It will  probably miss some units.
Check your installation of fpc.

terry at quickfox:~$ sudo ls -la /etc/fpc.*
-rw-r--r-- 1 root root 7794 Sep 20 13:37 /etc/fpc.cfg

I have looked over the config file and it looks very similar to the
config file on my old laptop.  The compiler points to /usr/bin/fpc
which does exist.  Don't know where fpc defines it's source
directories.

terry at quickfox:~$ ls -la /usr/bin/fpc
-rwxr-xr-x 1 root root 508112 Jul  6  2020 /usr/bin/fpc

Popup 2:

The project uses target OS=linux and CPU=x86_64.  The system.ppu for
this target was not found in the FPC binary
directoies. Make sure fpc is installed correctly for this target and
the fpc.cfg contains the right directories.

ls -la /usr/lib/fpc/3.2.0/units/x86_64-linux/rtl/system.ppu
-rw-r--r-- 1 root root 882770 Jul  6  2020
/usr/lib/fpc/3.2.0/units/x86_64-linux/rtl/system.ppu

I don't know where the rtl is defined in Lazarus, but the file is
there.  Also, I have compiled a few toy pascal programs and they seem
to compile and run fine.  Lazarus seems to compile them too after
complaining.