[Lazarus] Component palette enhancements

Mattias Gaertner nc-gaertnma at netcologne.de
Fri Apr 8 14:08:31 CEST 2022

On Fri, 8 Apr 2022 10:49:05 +0200 (CEST)
Michael Van Canneyt via lazarus <lazarus at lists.lazarus-ide.org> wrote:

>[...]
> > Only if you want to support reading different TButton in one
> > application.
>
> But that is exactly what I want to support ?

I understand a lcl controls.TButton and a web controls.TButton, but
that would not clash in one application.

So the situation is that - for whatever reasons - you ended up with two
TButton in one app and you are not allowed to rename them.
Worse, you want to drop the two TButton on the same form.

Correct?

> > The IDE sets the TReader events and controls what component classes
> > are found.
>
> Why do you need to implement custom handling ?
> The standard mechanism is not sufficient ?

Error handling, jit stuff, visual form inheritance.
The standard mechanism is for apps, the events are for the IDE.

>[...]
> Probably the form should also have an indicator of the 'environment'
> it uses, so the IDE can warn. It could be streamed with the
> DefineProperties() so the user is unaware.

Yes. Note that the environment and the unitname extensions are
independent features with different side effects. To avoid confusion,
let's discuss each in separate threads.

Mattias