[Lazarus] Trayicon popup menu no longer showing images

Kostas Michalopoulos badsector at runtimeterror.com
Wed Feb 16 15:49:10 CET 2022

On 2/16/22 15:22, Michael Van Canneyt via lazarus wrote:
> I recompiled an older tray application. It used to show images in the tray
> icon popup menu, but after compilation, the tray popup menu no longer
> shows the
> images; just a small rounded square where an image should appear.
>
> Linux mint, today's lazarus, GTK2 widgetset.

There was some change recently in the tray backend to use a "new" one by
default:

https://gitlab.com/freepascal.org/lazarus/lazarus/-/commit/99e4bd2515fc118abebc58f7e7f3d7ac385e6d63

 From a quick look at the code there seems to be a way to force the
"traditional" backend by using LAZUSEAPPIND=NO environment variable, so
try to launch your program as

   $ LAZUSEAPPIND=NO ./yourprogram

...and see if that fixes it. If so then it might be a bug in the app
indicator backend or an issue with Cinnamon's app indicator
implementation (i remember reading it had some issues some time ago).

Kostas