[Lazarus] commit 6c3286c7 broke LCL compilation attn: matthias

Mattias Gaertner nc-gaertnma at netcologne.de
Mon Jan 17 12:52:26 CET 2022

On Mon, 17 Jan 2022 11:58:22 +0100
Marcus Sackrow via lazarus <lazarus at lists.lazarus-ide.org> wrote:

>[...]
> usually for certain targets (amiga-likes) I only compile the LCL,
> because lazarus itself will not work.
>
> I did that in the past on my jenkins server with
>
> make registration .....
>
> make lazutils ....
>
> make codetools ....
>
> make lcl ....
>

> it seems lazutils and codetools are removed with the commit 6c3286c7
> as targets. But doing registration and lcl to compile the LCL does
> not work:

That was me, thinking, no one uses it anymore.

First of all:
If you are using lazbuild to compile your projects, it will compile
the LCL automatically.

And you can compile the lcl using lazbuild:
./lazbuild lcl/interfaces/lcl.lpk

If you can't use lazbuild, you can use "make" to compile a package:

make -C components/codetools

I re-added "make" target "lazutils", so this works again:

make registration lazutils lcl

>[...]

Mattias