[Lazarus] Strange issue with TImage and lazarus 2.2.2

Luca Olivetti luca at wetron.es
Thu Jun 23 20:38:59 CEST 2022

El 23/6/22 a les 13:29, Luca Olivetti via lazarus ha escrit:

> I self build lazarus from the git sources, so maybe it is something in
> my environment.

I found the cause: it's the VampyreImaging library.

If I install it in the ide, it will stream png as "TImagingPNG" instead
of "TPortableNetworkGraphic" but then it cannot read that format back
(the method TPicture.ReadData  doesn't find the corresponding class). I
suppose it does the same for all other image type that the
VampyreImaging library supports.

I just uninstalled it from the ide and left it as a dependency for the
projects where I need it (that's what I did with the previous version of
lazarus, maybe I encountered the same problem and forgot about it).

I don't understand why the ide prefers one class over the other, I guess
they are all treated the same and the one registered last wins?

Bye
--
Luca Olivetti
Tel. +34 93 5883004 (Ext.3010)  Fax +34 93 5883007