[Lazarus] Strange issue with TImage and lazarus 2.2.2

Luca Olivetti luca at wetron.es
Sun Jun 26 00:14:05 CEST 2022

El 24/6/22 a les 17:27, Werner Pamler via lazarus ha escrit:

> Ah, of course. (I thought I had searched for "Register" in unit
> graphics...). Now I saw that Vampyre also uses these TPicture class
> methods to finally register their formats for TPicture. Thus, everything
> should be fine.

No, it isn't: it doesn't find the class when reading. When you copy and
paste a TImage you'll have a stream read error, as well as when
reopening the project.

> But still the situation is not very satisfying.

Yes, I find it suboptimal that the picture format can be hijacked
without adding a dependency on the needed package to correctly read it back.
Of course it's my fault since I installed it in the ide without a real
need, but I still think there's something wrong.

> First observation after installing VampyreImagingPackageExt (the other
> package, VampyreImagingPackage, has no registration unit): I add TImage
> to a form and load the Lazarus "paw" to it. Works fine at designtime,
> but at runtime the image is empty. As the OP already noted Vampyre's
> TImagingPNG class is not found. This is because the Vampyre formats are
> registered only at designtime, but not at runtime of a project.

It doesn't even work at designtime (see above).

Bye
--
Luca Olivetti
Tel. +34 93 5883004 (Ext.3010)  Fax +34 93 5883007