[Lazarus] Strange issue with TImage and lazarus 2.2.2

Werner Pamler werner.pamler at freenet.de
Sun Jun 26 01:08:41 CEST 2022

Am 26.06.2022 um 00:14 schrieb Luca Olivetti via lazarus:
>> First observation after installing VampyreImagingPackageExt (the
>> other package, VampyreImagingPackage, has no registration unit): I
>> add TImage to a form and load the Lazarus "paw" to it. Works fine at
>> designtime, but at runtime the image is empty. As the OP already
>> noted Vampyre's TImagingPNG class is not found. This is because the
>> Vampyre formats are registered only at designtime, but not at runtime
>> of a project.
>
> It doesn't even work at designtime (see above).

Try attached demo project. The "paw" image was inserted into a TImage
after installation of Vampyre. All I had to do to get it working is to
add Vampyre to the project requirements and to add ImagingComponents to
the uses clause (or check the  box "Add package unit to uses section" in
the package options, then the formats will be registered for runtime
automatically).

Please note: I am not talking about the clipboard here, in fact I did
not even investigate this because this is a different issue.