[Lazarus] Type Library Viewer, Importer, and Editor?

Anthony Walter sysrpl at gmail.com
Sun Jun 26 17:26:52 CEST 2022

Thank you for the information. I'll take a look ay and see if it can be
improved.

I normally use Linux these days, which obliviates all use or reference to
type libraries, but I have a need to write a program to automate AutoCAD
with some specific hardware I recently acquired. While working with COM,
type libraries, and automation again I started remembering how useful,
easy, and productive these technologies are. I get that they were / are a
huge security nightmare, but that's what comes with ease of use and the
power of getting components of your operating system and applications to
share methods, data, and resources in a programming language agnostic way.

I think it's too bad Microsoft has decided to shelf it all. They could have
fixed the security issues with it rather than dropping it altogether.