[Lazarus] Component icons howto ?

Michael Van Canneyt michael at freepascal.org
Tue Mar 29 15:50:03 CEST 2022

Hi,

2 questions :

1. What is the current procedure for registering a component ?

    I see there are 3 icons for every standard component:
    mycomponent, mycomponent_150 and mycomponent_200

    How does the IDE pick which image it needs ?

    As a corollary: what's with the strange names ?
    Why not use the size of the icon in the name, that would be a lot clearer IMHO?

    I looked in the WIKI but could not find any relevant info.

2. I would like to create icons for some new dataset descendents.
    The icons for the well-known datasets all have a text on it.
    Where can I find the icon without a text on it ?

Michael.