[Lazarus] Component icons howto ?

Michael Van Canneyt michael at freepascal.org
Wed Mar 30 10:44:20 CEST 2022

On Wed, 30 Mar 2022, Arne Hanssen via lazarus wrote:

> Den 30.03.2022 09:57, skreiv Michael Van Canneyt via lazarus:
>>
>> [...]
>>
>> Why do you think I know this is a scaling factor ?
>>
>> I didn't have a clue until Werner explained.
>>
>> Sorry, you can argue all you like, but if I see a list of icon files
>> xyz_24x24.png then I know *exactly* what to create, just from the
>> filenames. No need to do math, open file whatnot.
>>
>> With your method, I need to open the file (unless I know standard size is
>> 24), check the size, and then possibly multiply (if I know that the suffix
>> is the scaling factor in %).
>>
>> [...]
>>
> I would guess that naming the files 'xyz_24x24.png' (base size 24px),
> 'xyz_24x24_150.png' (150% 36px) and 'xyz_24x24_200.png' (200% 48px) could be
> a reasonable naming solution?

As I said: 150, 200 do not strike me as scalings in percent.

That the CPU needs to do an extra couple of cycles (convert scaling to
pixel) to make things easier on humans - that's why mankind invented it.

Forgive me, but I will discontinue the discussion.

I think I made it clear what I think is (in my view) absurd and have no wish
to antagonize anyone by continuing to argue for something which should be
obvious and plain.

Michael.