[Lazarus] Simplest way to update a .lfm using a Component Editor

Marcos Douglas B. Santos md at delfire.net
Fri May 20 17:00:01 CEST 2022

On Fri, May 20, 2022 at 11:50 AM Mattias Gaertner via lazarus

> On Fri, 20 May 2022 11:28:59 -0300
> "Marcos Douglas B. Santos via lazarus" <lazarus at lists.lazarus-ide.org>
> wrote:
>
> > Hello,
> > I wrote a component which has a Component Editor.
> > How is the simplest way to update the .lfm form, using this Component
> > Editor?
>
> What do you mean with "update the lfm"?

If the Component Editor (CE) changes some property on its owner
(component), it doesn't reflect on form .lfm where this component is.
If the CE changes something, I would like that the IDE enabled "Save
button"; then, saving the form .lfm, it will be modified.

For example, I was search some example on fieldseditor, fieldslist,
newfield units—as the "Field Editor" creates fields in .lfm when user
close it—uses a lot FDesigner instance such
FDesigner.PropertyEditorHook.PersistendAdded, FDesigner.Modified, etc

Marcos Douglas