[Lazarus] How to fix slow screen refresh of TListbox?

Luca Olivetti luca at wetron.es
Fri Nov 11 18:49:15 CET 2022

El 11/11/22 a les 17:56, Bo Berglund via lazarus ha escrit:

> I have never used TSynEdit before so I tried dropping one onto my form and it
> looked a bit "strange" with a wide margin to the left... > How does it work (especially the margin that steals space)?

Play with the properties in the project inspector, you can remove the
gutter (gutter.visible -> false), the margin (by setting RightEdge to a
very big value, say 800) and customize much of its appearance..

> Note that I do not need an editor as such, just somewhere to show the log lines,
> and possibly also a way to copy certain lines or text sections to paste
> somewhere else.

Me too. Just set the readonly property to true and that's it.
Then just treat it like a TMemo (using the Lines property). It has some
more goodies that aren't available in a Tmemo.
As I said, I was using a TMemo for logging and it was too slow under
windows, I switched to a TSynEdit and had great improvement in performance.

> BTW this application is on Windows and I am using Lazarus 2.0.12 and FPC 3.2.0

So you'll probably see an improvement by using a TSynEdit (or maybe not,
the only way to know is to try it).

Bye
--
Luca Olivetti
Tel. +34 93 5883004 (Ext.3010)  Fax +34 93 5883007