[Lazarus] Lazarus IDE 'testall' program

Aruna Hewapathirane aruna.hewapathirane at gmail.com
Thu Nov 24 14:00:13 CET 2022

On Thu, Nov 24, 2022 at 7:16 AM Martin Frb via lazarus <
lazarus at lists.lazarus-ide.org> wrote:

> On 24/11/2022 12:53, Aruna Hewapathirane via lazarus wrote:
>

> I found one repository on Gitlab:
> https://gitlab.com/freepascal.org/lazarus/lazarus/-/tree/main/examples
>
> And another repository on Sourceforge:
> https://sourceforge.net/p/lazarus/laz.git/ci/main/tree/examples/
>

> The correct repo is the one on Gitlab. The sourceforge is a mirror (run by
> the team). There also is a mirror on Github.

Ah...  thank you for the clarification. So any fix'es I have to push to
Gitlab then?

> And now comes the interesting part, neither repository has a file called
> "testall" which was very confusing to me.
> So I checked and then double-checked under the examples folder in both
> repositories and found nothing again.
>
> Does anyone know why "testall" is not there in both Lazarus repositories?
> And where is the repo that contains
> "testall" please? And which repo do I use when I want to submit a patch or
> fix?
>

> The "testall" exists in the "fixes_2_2" branch. (Which is used for current
> releases).

Thank you again I just checked out fixes_2_2 branch and yes "testall" and
other friends are all there :_)

> In the "main" branch the example folder was re-ordered. During this
> process the "testall" appears to have been removed. Not sure of the
> reasons...

Oh-kay that explains why I was unable to find it and am sure the reasons
were all good and valid :-)

Maybe oversight, maybe because it did not work. If the latter, then likely
> a working version can be re-added.

Umm... well "testall" works on Windows I had zero issues but needs a few
fixes when running under Linux. I have manged to get it to
work on my Debian system now.

> I did sent a query to the person behind the change, hopefully he can shine
> some light on this.

Thank you for following up and I just want to say the 'documentation' is of
a quality I have never seen anywhere before. Extremely thorough
and to the point so if someone removed "testall" I am sure there were valid
reasons. It just 'spooked' me when I simply
could not find it in the repo. I never thought to look in other
branches....

 Much obliged for clearing this up Martin. Thank you!

Aruna