[Lazarus] ***SPAM*** Re: Install of Qt5 widgetset fails on Mac Ventura

Giuliano Colla giuliano.colla at fastwebnet.it
Sun Nov 27 23:47:25 CET 2022

Il 26/11/22 09:20, zeljko ha scritto:

> On 25. 11. 2022. 23:01, Giuliano Colla wrote:

>>> Never tried build on arm64 (have intel macbook pro). Can you try
>>> with Qt6 ?
>>>
>>> z.
>> I didn't find a place from where download open source Qt6. Do you
>> have a reliable link?
>
> https://download.qt.io/official_releases/online_installers/qt-unified-mac-x64-online.dmg
>

>> In the meantime I'll give a try with 5.6.11.
>>
>> However all Lazarus is compiled for x86_64 architecture, and runs in
>> arm64 architecture via Rosetta. Intel version of Qt would be just
>> fine, if qmake didn't decide to make for the arm64 architecture. Any
>> idea of how to tell qmake the right architecture?
>
> You have to read qmake manual:
> https://doc.qt.io/qt-6/qmake-manual.html
>
> zeljko

Two issues:

First issue is that it appears that you can't call qmake from command line.

Either there's a bug somewhere on the Mac Ventura, or I'm missing some
detail. I tried to build the Qt5Pas library by submitting Qt5Pas.pro to
Qt Designer. It generated correct x86_64 objects, and the generated
framework contains a:

Qt5Pas: Mach-O 64-bit dynamically linked shared library x86_64

Just to understand what was going on, I then tried again with the
command line options, passing qmake exactly the same parameters which Qt
Designer used, and the result was the same error as before, with the tmp
folder populated with arm64 object files. It would appear that qmake
ignores the x86_64 switch when called from command line. If this is
confirmed it would be good to update the wiki page.

Second issue.

Lazarus does not build with Qt. I have set the appropriate symlink in
the /Library/Frameworks folder, but build of Lazarus fails with the
error message:

ld: framework not found Qt5Pas

I have added /Library/Frameworks to the compiler paths
(-FI/Library/Frameworks). Should I tell something to the linker too?

Thanks for any hint.

Giuliano