[Lazarus] How to list available serial orts on Ubuuntu?

Bo Berglund bo.berglund at gmail.com
Mon Nov 28 14:08:46 CET 2022

On Mon, 28 Nov 2022 13:31:12 +0100, Giuliano Colla via lazarus

>Hope that it helps,

Thanks, it does.

I had thought of this but it looked like an overly complicated way given that
the list of tty* ports using ls -l /dev/tty* on my system comprises no less than
98 hits....

So I am now limiting the program to use USB connected serial adapters USB0..USB3
and on start I populate the list of ports by checking that /dev/USBx eists where
x is 0..3.

After all this is the most common use nowadays with USB serial devices in
connection with developing IoT devices.

--
Bo Berglund
Developer in Sweden