[Lazarus] Simple ipc server fatal error on start - 0xc000007b

Bo Berglund bo.berglund at gmail.com
Sat Apr 1 10:53:58 CEST 2023

On Sat, 01 Apr 2023 09:37:00 +0200, Bo Berglund via lazarus

>On Sat, 1 Apr 2023 01:58:05 +0200, Giuliano Colla via lazarus
><lazarus at lists.lazarus-ide.org> wrote:
>
>>Among the internet examples of Delphi 7 you should find a small app named netchat,
>>which provides a basic IPC. It’s quite simple and bullet-proof. I’ve converted to
>>Lazarus on Linux, and used as a base for my needs of IPC.
>>But converting on the same Windows environment should be very simple, just using
>>the Lazarus facilities. You may test it just as it is, and then adapt it to your needs.
>>
>>Giuliano

So I pulled out my Delphi7 CD (actually mounted the ISO copy of the CD) and
managed to find the demo you refer to.
It is as I suspected using the TCP/IP socket communications, but I guess this is
the way I have to go.
I can probably set it to only operate on the localhost interface so there is no
need to get packets out onto the LAN, which may or may not be available.

And I can use Indy10 sockets rather than the now since long deprecated
TTcpClient and TTcpServer components.

I guess I will save myself a lot of time doing this...

--
Bo Berglund
Developer in Sweden