[Lazarus] Porting Delphi (2007/XE5) application, how to handle ADODB?

Bo Berglund bo.berglund at gmail.com
Sat Feb 11 12:23:43 CET 2023

On Sat, 11 Feb 2023 11:58:04 +0100, Bo Berglund via lazarus

>Now I have gotten the project to build so I should start debugging.
>
>But when I try to run it from within Lazarus (hit the green arrow button) then a
>pop-up image appears:

>Enable Dwarf 2 (-gw)?
>The project does not write debug info in Dwarf format. The "FpDebug internal
>Dwarf-debugger" supports only Dwarf.
>[Enable Dwarf2 with sets] [Enable Dwarf2 (-gw)] [Enable Dwarf3 (-gw3) [Cancel]
>
>What am I supposed to do with this?

After reading up on the Wiki:
https://wiki.freepascal.org/DWARF

I selected Dwarf2 with sets.

Then rebuilt and tried to run, but I get an immediate fatal exception!
This happens both when starting within Lazarus and from the exe file itself.
Message:
 | Project AppManager raised exception class 'External: |
 | ACCESS VIOLATION' with message:                      |
 | Access violation reading from address                |
 | $0000000000000040                                    |
 | At adress 1000096AD                          [OK]    |

How can I find the cause of this exception?

--
Bo Berglund
Developer in Sweden