[Lazarus] db grid/dataset components that only load currently visible records?

Luca Olivetti luca at wetron.es
Thu Feb 23 11:37:56 CET 2023

El 23/2/23 a les 11:25, Marco van de Voort via lazarus ha escrit:

> Maybe upgrade to a DBMS (like firebird, mssql,postgres) that supports
> notifications so that you don't have to poll, but get a notification if
> something changes?

No, that's not possible, in any case polling isn't a problem: it's the
same application that modifies the table, and it only does the "refresh"
when necessary.
The problem is that it happens quite frequently (mind me, in a test
environment, in the field the updates happen once or twice a minute, but
I'm still not comfortable with the refresh taking too long).

Bye
--
Luca Olivetti
Tel. +34 93 5883004 (Ext.3010)  Fax +34 93 5883007