[Lazarus] make all compilation error after 319649fb (Attn: Martin)

Martin Frb lazarus at mfriebe.de
Mon Jan 9 18:01:19 CET 2023

On 09/01/2023 17:50, Marcus Sackrow via lazarus wrote:
> Hi,

>>> thanks it compiles again
>> About a week ago Lazarus was failing to build with "make useride".
>> Are these two build targets being run as part of the CI / CD tests?
>
> these compilations (from this error report) are on m own Jenkins server
> and atm it does only a "make all"
>
> it's mainly focused on catching problems with latest FPC (because it
> uses always the latest FPC, compiled some minutes before that)
>
> and to check if the compilation for Amiga-style systems still work (and
> with it the MUI widget set) in other jobs
>

> Of course if there is interest in more tasks, it can be added, the
> server still has some resources.

It needs to be discussed with other devs as well, what they think...

We do still have free minutes at GitLab. But the amount of combinations
for testing is (near) infinite.

There is "make" (aka "make all" ?) and "make bigide".
Afaik "make useride" depends on what packages are configured, so that is
not just a single setting?

But each of them may fail only for a specific OS/Arch, or for some other
specific setting. (like compile time range check error for constant
eval, with -Cr enabled).
We already have builds for win, gtk2, qt, iirc some with 32bit, and fpc
3.2.2 and trunk. (not all variations though).

I personally currently don't have the time to look into it.
(I'll ping the others, if anyone wants to pick up)

If I should find time eventually, my interest will be much more in
adding some of the tests we have to be run.