[Lazarus] Debugging the unicode RTL

Martin Frb lazarus at mfriebe.de
Sun Jan 22 11:38:24 CET 2023

On 22/01/2023 11:24, Martin Frb via lazarus wrote:

>> 2/ Where can I find the code that extracts the message from an exception
>> object ? So I can have a shot at trying to fix the display.
>
> unit FpDebugDebugger;
> procedure TFpDebugDebugger.HandleSoftwareException

Important:

If you make any change is the FpDebug package itself, and code that is
FPC specific must go into
   unit FpDbgDwarfFreePascal;

All other units should be kept free from such knowledge (not 100%
achieved yet, but...).
After all, FpDebug is meant to be a generic debugger for any app that
has dwarf.

Exception may be semi-generic stuff like prologue detection based on
fpc, but potentially working for other compilers too.

Of course
    LazDebuggerFp  (containing FpDebugDebugger)
is in a diff package.
And it can have as much FPC knowledge as it wants.