[Lazarus] [fpc-devel] Unicode RTL

Mattias Gaertner nc-gaertnma at netcologne.de
Fri Jul 28 18:45:12 CEST 2023

On 28.07.23 16:35, Michael Van Canneyt via lazarus wrote:
> [...]
>> Naming something Unicode without adding any new Unicode feature can
>> hardly be called consistent.
>
> As I wrote, the "Unicode" refers to String = UnicodeString. In that
> sense it is 'consistent with existent terminology'

Yes, but you didn't name it "UnicodeString RTL", you named it "Unicode
RTL". You can't blame CodeGear for that choice.

The new RTL has dotted units, so "Namespaced RTL" or "Dotted RTL" would
fit too - also no catchy.

> So far, nothing catchy has been offered.

If you want something catchy, don't use a descriptive name.

Since the cheetah is a dotted (spotted) animal and it is the fpc mascot,
maybe Cheetah RTL?

Mattias