[Lazarus] Lazarus trunk version number

Giuliano Colla giuliano.colla at fastwebnet.it
Fri Jun 30 21:16:04 CEST 2023

Il 30/06/23 19:40, Mattias Gaertner via lazarus ha scritto:
> Michael Van Canneyt via lazarus<lazarus at lists.lazarus-ide.org>  wrote:
>
>> [...]
>> Honestly: I'll settle for actually managing to get a release out.
> +1000

+1000 me too.

<RANT>

If the brilliant minds which have elaborated a new numbering scheme had
spent their time in something more productive, such as making life a
little bit easier to developers, I believe that the Lazarus community
would have appreciated much more!

For instance, there is the bad habit to "deprecate" without considering
what happens to developers which must maintain their programs. I found
it rather frustrating to replace all occurrences of clDark with
clDkGray, just because clDark had been deprecated, instead of simply
replacing the definition wit a line in types clDark = clDkGray.

I've been taught that the golden rule to make code reusable is to hide
the implementation and expose only the feature. Who cares how a color is
implemented, provided that it shows the same? The same holds true for a
lot of deprecations, which could be easily hidden without any adverse
effect.

</RANT>

Giuliano

--
Do not do to others as you would have them do to you.They might have different tastes.