[Lazarus] Lazarus Release 2.2.6

Bo Berglund bo.berglund at gmail.com
Thu Mar 16 07:53:00 CET 2023

On Thu, 9 Mar 2023 10:31:17 +0100, Mattias Gaertner via lazarus

>The Lazarus team is glad to announce the release of Lazarus 2.2.6.
>
>This is a bugfix release and was built with FPC 3.2.2.

I did not know of this when I yesterday went to install the latest Lazarus
release from sources on my Ubuntu 22.04.2 LTS system.
I retrieved the sources as a tarball from GitLab.

My system has a number of differet versions of Lazarus installed but FPC is
3.2.0 (not 3.2.2)...

The install seems to have worked, but seeing this release comment I now have to
ask if 3.2.2 is a *requirement* for proper operation or if it just happens to be
what you used when building?

Do I have to change my fpc installed version and rebuild Lazarus to have it work
properly?

--
Bo Berglund
Developer in Sweden