[Lazarus] version `GLIBC_2.34' not found error when running app on different PC

Mehmet Erol Sanliturk m.e.sanliturk at gmail.com
Fri Mar 17 12:57:41 CET 2023

On Fri, Mar 17, 2023 at 10:07 AM Bo Berglund via lazarus <
lazarus at lists.lazarus-ide.org> wrote:

> On Fri, 17 Mar 2023 08:53:01 +0300, Mehmet Erol Sanliturk via lazarus
> <lazarus at lists.lazarus-ide.org> wrote:
>
> >Some portability is obtained if the libraries are linked as "static" .
> >If "dynamic" linking is selected , during execution of the program ,
> >the "same" library should be in the executing computer .
> >

> How is this accomplished in Lazarus?
>
> Does this change happen randomly or is it connected to the major Ubuntu
> releases
> like going from 20.04 to 22.04 rather than just keeping 20.04 up-to-date?
>
> It implies having to build applications on as old a system as ever
> possible,
> maybe using 16.04 or earlier just for making apps that can run on all
> systems,
> is that really true?
>
> It makes no sense to me...

Please study fpc.cfg file structure , and Lazarus IDE linking options .
On my computer , neither FPC nor Lazarus are installed .

There is an option to specify either dynamic linking or static linking of
libraries .

When static linking is selected , it is necessary to have  static linkable
libraries ( *.a )
of used parts , i.e. , dynamic linkable libraries ( *.so.* ) can not be
used for
static linking .

https://www.google.com/search?q=lazarus+static+linking+of+libraries&sxsrf=AJOqlzXTPuAEwc2JkAaon6mLwAvBM-kn5A%3A1679053415469&ei=Z1IUZL2NHP-Qxc8PqvqOuAM&ved=0ahUKEwj93Iyz8eL9AhV_SPEDHSq9AzcQ4dUDCA4&uact=5&oq=lazarus+static+linking+of+libraries&gs_lcp=Cgxnd3Mtd2l6LXNlcnAQAzIFCCEQoAE6BwgAEB4QsAM6BAgjECc6BggAEBYQHjoICAAQFhAeEAo6CAgAEBYQHhAPOgUIABCRAjoFCAAQgAQ6BwguEIAEEAo6BwgAEIAEEAo6CgguEIAEENQCEAo6CAgAEIAEEMsBOgsILhCABBDUAhDLAToICC4QgAQQywE6BQguEIAEOgsILhCABBDHARCvAToKCAAQgAQQFBCHAjoHCAAQDRCABDoICAAQBRAeEA06BAghEBU6BwghEKABEApKBAhBGAFQpBdYi8IBYIHJAWgDcAB4AIABxwGIAcYikgEEMC4zNpgBAKABAcgBAsABAQ&sclient=gws-wiz-serp

lazarus static linking of libraries

Comparison of Linux and Windows is not a fruitful action , because they do
not have much similarity
other than being operating systems .

Mehmet Erol Sanliturk