[Lazarus] version `GLIBC_2.34' not found error when running app on different PC

Bo Berglund bo.berglund at gmail.com
Fri Mar 17 15:47:13 CET 2023

On Fri, 17 Mar 2023 14:17:11 +0100, Sven Barth via lazarus

>Bo Berglund via lazarus <lazarus at lists.lazarus-ide.org> schrieb am Fr., 17.
>März 2023, 13:54:
>> This aplication is a console (i.e NO GUI) application and it only uses
>> these
>> units:
>>
>> videosplitcmb.lpr:
>>
>> uses
>>   {$IFDEF UNIX}
>>     cthreads,
>>   {$ENDIF}
>>   Classes,
>>   { you can add units after this }
>>
>> and
>>
>> utils.pas:
>>
>> uses
>>   Classes,
>>   SysUtils,
>>   Process;
>>
>> What is complex here?
>>

>Your code uses threads and on *nix systems that requires the C library.

Ok, my code does in fact NOT use threads but that is a standard uses clause that
gets inserted in all new projects created in Lazarus...

Anyway, on the Ubuntu 22.04 machine I now commented out cthreads and rebuilt the
application, then copied the binary over to the Ubuntu 20.04 system where it
previously did not run.

Result: It does no longer throw this error!

Thanks a lot for the suggestion!

--
Bo Berglund
Developer in Sweden