[Lazarus] Can older Lazarus use newer FPC?

Bo Berglund bo.berglund at gmail.com
Tue Mar 28 13:52:25 CEST 2023

If I already have some Lazarus versions installed when FPC stable was 3.0.4 and
I later install FPC 3.2.0 or 3.2.2, can I then change the compiler to use for
the older Lazarus versions to the new Fpc?

If I look at the Lazarus Tools/Options/Environment/Files I see items like:

Compiler executable: /home/pi/lib/fpc/3.2.0/ppcarm
FPC source directory: /home/pi/dev/fpc/3.2.0

Can these be changed to point to the new FPC so the old FPC is no longer needed?

Or do I have to keep the old FPC compiler around when I update it to a new
version?

--
Bo Berglund
Developer in Sweden