[Lazarus] Lazartus on RaspberryPi 64 bit - build for all RPi versions?

Bo Berglund bo.berglund at gmail.com
Wed Nov 15 21:53:11 CET 2023

On Wed, 15 Nov 2023 20:25:58 +0300, Alexey Torgashin via lazarus

>> then I have to use fpcupdeluxe to install Lazarus + FPC then.
>
>Lazarus can be old. Only FPC need to be installed from Deluxe. Old
>Lazarus - in it, specify path for new FPC.
>Alex

I asked on the Lazarus forum as well, my first post is here:
https://forum.lazarus.freepascal.org/index.php/topic,34645.msg496844.html#msg496844

It seems like the fpcupdeluxe available for armhf on GitHub does not run in PiOS
64 bit. It is a 32 bit application...

NOTICE!
I was alerted to using the wrong version of fpcupdeluxe, it should be the
aarch64-linux version!!!

With this version downloaded it tstarts running OK and I can configure and start
building. But it fails after about 10 minutes complaining about this:

make[1]: *** [Makefile:2682: packages_smart] Error 2
make: *** [Makefile:2837: build-stamp.aarch64-linux] Error 2
fpmake.pp(60) Error: Error while linking
fpmake.pp(60) Fatal: There were 1 errors compiling module, stopping
Fatal: Compilation aborted

fpcupdeluxe: ERROR: FPC Native Installer (BuildModule: FPC): Error running
/usr/bin/make for FPC failed with exit code 512
. Details: .

ERROR: Fpcupdeluxe fatal error !
Sequencer (FPC): Failure running fpcupdeluxe: error executing sequence FPC
Sequencer (Default): Failure running fpcupdeluxe: error executing sequence

I refer the discussion over to the Lazarus forum (see link above).

--
Bo Berglund
Developer in Sweden