[Lazarus] How to generate the fppkg.cnf file which Lazarus complains about when starting?

Bo Berglund bo.berglund at gmail.com
Thu Nov 16 16:16:13 CET 2023

On Thu, 16 Nov 2023 14:27:27 +0100, John Landmesser via lazarus

>Am 16.11.23 um 13:30 schrieb Bo Berglund via lazarus:
>> I have installed Lazarus on a Raspberry Pi4B running bookworm 64 bit operating
>> system.
>> I first tried to use fpcupdeluxe to do it but it fails miesrably with a linker
>> error when building fpc.
>> So then I decided to try the following:
>> 1) Use apt install fpc to getb the latest 3.2.2 compiler installed.
>> 2) Retrieve the Lazarus 2.2.6 sources from GitLab
>> 3) Then run the make clean && make bigide inside the Lazarus source dir
>> 4) Finally create the $HOME/.local/share/applications/lazarus_2.2.6.desktop
>> launcher file
>>
>> This succeeded and after I had created the desktop file for Lazarus in step 4 it
>> appeared in the RPi4 main menu under Programming.
>>
>> But when I started it it complains about not finding fppkg.cfg and sure enough
>> there is no such file to be found, at least not in the locations I have seen
>> before.
>>
>> So apparently it has not been created or is in some obscure loication not known
>> by me.
>>
>> My Lazarus resides in $HOME/devtools/lazarus/2.2.6 and fpc has been placed in
>> /usr/bin/fpc.
>>
>> But I cannot find a file named fppkgh.cfg whereever I look...
>>
>> What to do now?
>>
>> Lazarus runs and I can add IDE packages and rebuild Lazarus just fine but
>> whenever it starts up it shows the dialog requesting the location of
>> fppkg.cfg...
>>

>On my Manjaro linux the file in question are located in two places:
>
>[john1 at manjaro lazarus]$ locate -i  fppkg.cfg
>*/etc/fppkg.cfg*
>
>*... with this contrent*
>
>**
>
>> *[Defaults]
>> ConfigVersion=5
>> LocalRepository={UserDir}.fppkg/
>> BuildDir={LocalRepository}build/
>> ArchivesDir={LocalRepository}archives/
>> CompilerConfigDir=/etc/fppkg
>> RemoteMirrors=https://www.freepascal.org/repository/mirrors.xml
>> RemoteRepository=auto
>> CompilerConfig=default
>> FPMakeCompilerConfig=default
>> Downloader=FPC
>> InstallRepository=user
>>
>> [Repository]
>> Name=fpc
>> Description=Packages which are installed along with the Free Pascal
>> Compiler
>> Path=/usr/lib/fpc/{CompilerVersion}/
>> Prefix=/usr/lib/fpc/../../
>>
>> [IncludeFiles]
>> FileMask=/etc/fppkgconf.d/*.conf
>>
>> [Repository]
>> Name=user
>> Description=User-installed packages
>> Path={LocalRepository}lib/fpc/{CompilerVersion}
>> Prefix={LocalRepository}
>> *
>*
>*
>
>*/usr/lib/fpc/src/utils/fpcmkcfg/fppkg.cfg*

None of these locations exist on my device.
However, Lazarus works (built from sources) as does fpc (installed via apt)

The only problem ius that I get this annoying pop-up every time I start
Lazarus...

>Perhaps this command tells you more?
>
>[john1 at manjaro lazarus]$*./lazarus --setup*

What is that supposed to do? I don't want to run an unknown command after
spending so much time finally getting Lazarus working...

NOTE: ffpkg seems not to be a recognized command...

And the file I found here is also not accepted:
https://forum.lazarus.freepascal.org/index.php/topic,60994.msg457678.html#msg457678

--
Bo Berglund
Developer in Sweden