[Lazarus] Mac OS binary install of 3.0RC2 throws __datacoal_nt errors when building default application

Don Sawtelle don.sawtelle at gmail.com
Thu Nov 30 00:59:44 CET 2023

Having. used the 3.0RC2 prebuilt binary installers in Mac OS Monterey
12.6.7, I can run a hello world program and step through it in the
debugger. But the build of the *default* example project yields a storm of
deprecation warnings and hints (which may not matter?) and errors like this:

Warning:
/Users/sawtelle/.lazarus/lib/units/x86_64-darwin/cocoa/cocoaprivate.s:57971:10:
warning: section "__datacoal_nt" is deprecated
Error: .section __DATA, __datacoal_nt, coalesced
Error:
/Users/sawtelle/.lazarus/lib/units/x86_64-darwin/cocoa/cocoaprivate.s:57971:10:
note: change section name to "__data"
Error: .section __DATA, __datacoal_nt, coalesced

Can anyone advise?

Thanks!

Don

PS: My apologies for this possibly second duplicate post. The previous copy
was sent before I had confirmed my subscription to this list and I didn't
know whether the 1st try would have been rejected.