[Lazarus] "Execute before" is executed after resource generation?

Luca Olivetti luca at wetron.es
Fri May 24 19:26:17 CEST 2024

El 24/5/24 a les 18:05, Marc Weustink via lazarus ha escrit:

>> And even if I use a different rc file with {$R myspec.rc}, if the
>> source file with the directive doesn't change it won't be automtically
>> recompiled so no regeneration of the resource file would take place,
>> even if one of the files in myspec.rc has changed, right?
>
> Yes. The IDE/Compiler have no knowledge what you put in the .rc
> If you don't want the have it rebuild every time you need some logic in
> your "rc builder" you call in the prebuild step

But if I use the "resources" section in the project options *and* put
the file in the project, the IDE could check that the file changed and
regenerate the resource file ;-)
(which is what I supposed it did: even if the wiki page doesn't say it
explicitly it seems to imply so).

Bye
--
Luca Olivetti