[Qt] Qt widgetset MessageDlg

Hess, Philip J pjhess at purdue.edu
Thu Feb 15 01:50:39 CET 2007

Felipe,

MessageDlg doesn't work right with the Qt widgetset. On both Windows and OS X it's just a tall box that extends below the task bar/dock. On OS X, the buttons aren't accessible.

I noticed that Qt4.pas provides access to Qt's QMessageBox. Is there some way to use this in the Qt widgetset?

I tried to figure out how the LCL MessageDlg works, but it looks like kind of a mess. We would need to set PromptDialogFunction to point to a function of type TPromptDialogFunction. In the LCL, this is set to ShowPromptDialog, but that's where it starts to lose me. Have you looked at this?

Thanks.

-Phil