[Qt] Re: Magnifier on OS X

Hess, Philip J pjhess at purdue.edu
Mon Feb 19 18:45:23 CET 2007

Felipe,

Sure, you can include me as a contributor, although I haven't really
contributed much code.

On OS X, a .dmg file is what's known as a "disk image". Double-clicking
it "mounts" the file on the desktop and opens the image, where there
will be one or more packages (.pkg) to install. Double-clicking a
package invokes the OS X Installer, which is what you see in the
screenshot I sent you.

Package Maker is used to create the .pkg file and can include all sorts
of things about privileges, destination, scripts, welcome, readme and
license screens, etc. Disk Utility is used to create a .dmg file from
the .pkg file.

Package Maker also has a command line mode, but I haven't used that yet,
just the interactive mode.

In my qttesttray.pas example, the 128 x 128 icon looks fine on the menu
bar. However, the icon does not appear in Magnifier - there must be
something wrong with the Magnifier or Qt widgetset code. However, even
though there is no icon, the drop down menu still works in Magnifier
when I click on the tray where the icon should be.

Thanks.

-Phil