[Qt] QT patch

Jesus Reyes jesusrmx at yahoo.com.mx
Sun Jan 7 02:29:20 CET 2007

--- Felipe Monteiro de Carvalho <felipemonteiro.carvalho at gmail.com>
escribió:

> ok, WOW, this is a huge patch.
>
> Let´s start:
>
> 1 - TQtDCData=record
>
> What is that? What is that suppose to do?
>
> Why not simply pass the DeviceContext object around instead?

I did this before I discovered qpainter_save and qpainter_restore,
it's supposed to be removed or improved, it depends if qpainter_save
and restore can handle all selcteable objects in dc. the ones are
commened at the end of struct. That was to implement SaveDC and
RestoreDC API functions.

> 2 - You changed TQtGroupBox.Create to TQtGroupBox.CreateWidget
>
> What is the idea behind that change? Which repeats on several
> classes.

It's needed so all TQtWidgets can have an common constructor that is
called for all descendants, so it does common setup, in this patch
it's necesary to support qobject_setproperty, this is to make a map
between the underlaying qt widget and our API handle.

In this way we can ask qt for the focused widget, it will respond
with a QWidgetH object, before the patch there was no way to know to
what handle (TQtWidget) that widget corresponded.

It also eliminated many duplicated code.

> ---
>
> Can you explain with more details what the patch does?

The patch is big, because it implements or fixes many things that
didn't work in qt interface, like clipping, regions, brushes, pens,
colors, fixed amounts of leaks, corrected mouse coordinates, etc.

As there are many things, I don't know where to start, if you could
ask in the way you did above for specific things would be easier to
me.

> thanks,
> --
> Felipe Monteiro de Carvalho