[Qt] Good progress on TBitmap

Hess, Philip J pjhess at purdue.edu
Mon Jan 29 16:33:11 CET 2007

Yes, I think you're right - a dock menu that appears when the user holds
down the mouse over the running Magnifier's "tile" on the dock probably
would be better than Menu extras. The question is how to add these menu
items with Qt or FPC. The Carbon framework has a
SetApplicationDockTileMenu function that can be used to add menu items
to the app's tile. This is available in the FPCMacOSAll.pas unit.

One other issue is the app's main bar. In OS X, when an app has the
focus its menu appears at the top of the screen. This is unlike Windows
or Linux, where an app doesn't have to have a menu. Not sure how this
would affect the interaction of the Magnifier with any other apps. For
example, when you activate the Magnifier, its menu bar would replace
that of the app you're working with...

Thanks.